I love those “What’s In______Bag” type posts so I thought I would do one today for what’s in my makeup bag. Here’s a little breakdown of my beauty routine!
- I like to use neutral colors on my eyes unless it is for a special occasion in which case, I generally play with more burgundy’s, deep reds, sparkly golds and plum colors. For day-to-day use, I stick to matte browns and beiges with a hint of gold (nothing too sparkly though).
- I like to top off my eyeshadow with liquid eyeliner. I’m not loyal to any particular brand at this point, I usually just buy something from the drug store and find that most liquid eyeliners are the same.
- Lastly, mascara – every girls weapon. What I love about mascara is if you’re having a no-make-up day you can slap on some mascara and done, you look better.
- I love that glowy look that is appearing everywhere in the beauty world, but sometimes it can tend to look overdone. I swear by Modern Minerals Tea Rose powder which I layer on top of my bronzer and sometimes even my bronzer and my blush to create a subtle glow.
- I’m a big fan of BB Creams. Not only do they provide light coverage but they also provide hydration and help achieve that dewy glow usually!
- I do a face mask at least once a week, sometimes more. Origins makes some amazing face masks such as this Clear Improvement one that helps to combat acne. They also make one called “GinZing” which is super refreshing and energizing! I love waking up extra early (rarely), slathering on the cooling mask and having my coffee and breakfast while I wait to wash off the mask.
- My skin is combination and acne-prone so I have to take care of it and wash it morning and night. Currently I use Vichy products but I’m on the search for great skincare products especially ones for acne
I take a lot of my style and beauty inspiration from blogger Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam. I think she’s absolutely stunning and has one of the best blogs out there!
What’s In Your Make-up Bag? Any favourite products as of late? Who are your style and beauty icons?